The Rossmax Aero Chamber is a high efficiency one way valve for easy inhalation and exhalation. The universal backpiece can be used with all commonly prescribed Metered Dose Inhalers, and the anti-static spacer improves the delivery of MDI by inhibiting the adherence of the drug to the spacer wall. The soft and flexible silicone mask provided with the aero chamber has a comfortable touch and a reliable seal, and the device is latex and BPA free. It has a portable design and easy to hold, along with being easily disassembled and reassembled for cleaning. The mouthpiece cap can protect the mouthpiece from dirt and debris when the device is not in use. This device is intended to be used with metered dose inhaler (MDI) to deliver aerosol medication to your lungs. The patient can use the aero chamber in the home, or at hospitals and clinics. The chamber volume is 175ml.
- The small face mask is intended for use for infants aged between 0 and 18 months.
- The medium face mask is intended for use for children aged between 12 months and 5 years.
- The large face mask is intended for use for persons aged 5 years +.
The Rossmax Aero Spacer is intended to be used with metered dose inhaler (MDI) to deliver aerosol medication to your lungs as prescribed by supervision of a licensed physician and/or a respiratory therapist. The intended environments for use include home, hospitals and clinics and for single patient use.
Recommended patient population:
• AS175 with small face mask = 0 – 1.5 years
• AS175 with medium face mask = 1 – 5 years
• AS175 with large face mask = 5 years +
• Remove mouthpiece cap (if applicable) and backpiece
• If using the mask, remove it before cleaning
• Soak the disassembled parts for 15 minutes in warm water with liquid detergent
• Agitate gently
• Rinse parts with warm water
• Shake out excess water and allow it air dry in the upright position
• Ensure the parts are fully dry before reassembling
• To reassemble, fit the backpiece into the back of chamber securely and attach the mouthpiece cap on the chamber
• The protective cap (if applicable) should always be placed on the mouthpiece when the chamber is not in use
• If using the mask, replace onto the mouthpiece
How to give an inhalation:
• Before use, carefully check the chamber
• Remove any foreign objects from the chamber
• Replace the chamber if any defect is noticed
• Remove cap from both MDI and chamber
• When using the mask, insert the mask securely into mouthpiece
• Insert the MDI into the back of chamber and shake the MDI and chamber
• Put mouthpiece into mouth and close lips around it to ensure a tight seal
• Apply the mask to mouth and nose and ensure a tight seal
• Breathe out gently
• Press the MDI at the beginning of a slow inhalation
• Breathe in slowly and deeply through the mouth until a breath has been taken
• Hold the breath for about 5-10 seconds, if possible
• Otherwise, keep lips tight on the mouthpiece breathing about 2-3 times through the chamber after pressing the MDI
• Breathe out gently
• Press the MDI at the beginning of a slow inhalation, and then maintain seal for 5- 6 breaths after pressing the MDI
• Follow instructions supplied with MDI on how long to wait before repeating steps