The Omron Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff is used to accurately measure your blood pressure on your upper arm and is compatible with several Omron Blood Pressure Monitors. The small cuff is used on arms with a circumference of 17 – 22cm. The cuff is suitable for use with the following Omron blood pressure monitors:
- M2 Basic
- M1 Basic
- X2 Basic
Please note that this cuff is not suitable for use on Comfort devices or devices which use Omron Intelli Wrap Cuff.
The Omron Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff is used to accurately measure your blood pressure on your upper arm and is compatible with several Omron Blood Pressure Monitors.
• When the cuff is assembled correctly, the Velcro hook material will be on the outside of the cuff loop and the metal ring will not touch your skin
• If the cuff is open, pass the end of the cuff furthest from the tubing through the metal ring to form a loop. The smooth cloth should be on the inside of the cuff loop
• Remove tight-fitting clothing from your upper arm
• Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor
• Insert the air plug into the air jack on the left side of the main unit
• Put your left arm through the cuff loop
• The bottom of the cuff should be about 1 – 2 cm above your elbow (thickness of your index or middle finger)
• Adjust the cuff around your arm so that the tubing runs down the centre of your arm in line with your middle finger (palm open and facing upwards)
Secure the cuff around your arm using the cloth closure
• Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened evenly around your arm
• The cuff should be firmly secured but not too tight – just enough so that it is difficult to slide 2 fingers under the cuff. This space is imperative for an accurate reading.
• Relax your arm and place your elbow on the table so that the cuff is at the same level as your heart
• Turn the palm of your hand upward
• Check there are no kinks in the air tubing
• Be careful that you do not rest your elbow on the air tube when taking a blood pressure reading
• Press the ‘O/I START’ or ‘START’ button to begin the blood pressure reading
• For additional information please refer to the Instruction Manual for your device