Leukoplast Detectable are sterile blue finger dressings for minor wounds and puncture sites. They are designed to be visible and detectable if lost as they are blue in colour and contain metal and x-ray detectable materials in the absorbent wound pad. Leukoplast Detectable forms a bacterial barrier that provides a two-way protection against bacterial contamination, which reduces the risk of secondary wound infection. They are waterproof and dirt repellent which helps to protect the wound, and can be worn while showering, which means fewer dressing changes. They are breathable and permeable to water vapour which helps to prevent maceration.
Pack Size: 100
Size: 2.2cm x 7.2cm
Leukoplast Detectable are used to provide two-way protection against bacterial contamination and reducing the risk of secondary wound infection. They are designed to be easily visible and detectable if lost, making them useful for the catering industry when handling food or other products.
• Clean the wound and the surrounding area
• Dry the skin thoroughly
• Remove the protective film
• Hold the plaster in one hand and peel off the upper protective film with thumb and index finger of the other
• Apply and remove the second protective film
• Place the wound pad centrally on the wound – make sure that you only touch the plaster on the protective film and the backside, never the wound pad itself
• Remove the remaining protective film
• Smooth out and press the dressing so that it adheres evenly, while applying only slight pressure and avoiding tension
• To increase the adhesive strength, you can warm the dressing between the palms of your hands before applying it
• Monitor the wound and reapply the dressing if necessary