These Saline Eye Pods from Reliance Medical are sterile, safe, and non-toxic pods that can be used for minor eye irritations only. They are made from Sodium Chloride 0.9%w/v and come in a box of 25 pods.
These Saline Eye Pods are used for minor eye irritations only.
• Remove one of the Saline Eye Pods from the packaging
• Apply a saline eye pod to clean or flush out the eye
• Apply a dressing to the affected area if necessary
• Keep the area clean and dry
• You should seek immediate medical advice if there are any foreign bodies in the eye after flushing it, if there are any objects embedded or stuck in the eye or if the eye injury is caused by chemical exposure
If you need to flush out the eye:
• Sit down and slant your head so the injured eye is lower than the unaffected eye (ideally over a bath or sink), then use eye wash pods as soon as possible to flush out the eye
• Keep the eyes open and rotate the eyeballs in all directions to remove contamination from the eyes
• Keep eyelids open by holding your eyelids apart with your fingers – ask for help doing this if necessary
• Continue doing this for 15 minutes as you want to fully dilute the particles and wash it out of your eyes
• You should seek immediate medical advice if there are still any foreign bodies in the eye after flushing it. Do not try to remove any objects embedded or stuck in the eye yourself, as this can cause further damage to the eye
• If you are wearing contact lenses while you experience a minor eye injury, you should gently take them out while you are flushing