This Pharmacare Soft Comfort Arm Sling provides a soft and comfortable style of arm slinging, while also being ready for use in any situation. The sling comes with a pre stitched loop already in place with a safety pin and a plastic tie for securing your arm in the most comfortable position – this will restrict both arm and shoulder movement after injury. It is made from a foam cotton fibre material, and it sits softly on the shoulder when secured in place.
The Pharmacare Soft Comfort Arm Sling can be used to help relieve pain and prevent re-injury by keeping the arm in place.
• Remove the arm sling from the box
• Lay the sling out flat in front of you with the fixed loop at the same end as the elbow of the injured arm
• Bend the arm and put it into the fixed loop until it reaches the elbow
• Pass the tail of the loop behind your back and over the opposite shoulder and down to and around the wrist
• Adjust the sling making sure that the angle of the arm is roughly parallel with the ground
• Secure the sling by putting the safety pin provided through the double thickness just above the wrist
• Make any minor adjustments to the height and angle of the arm to make it as comfortable as possible