The Pharmacare Female Urinal Bottle is a bottle that is made from sturdy plastic and is anatomically designed to use when sitting, standing or lying down. It is ideal for use while at home or whilst travelling and has a scale for measuring volume.
The Pharmacare Female Urinal Bottle can be useful for women who are injured or bedridden at home or in the hospital and want an alternative to bedpans. They are also a great option for patients who have severe chronic pain and may have limited mobility due to illness or sickness.
• There are three ways you can use the urinal: sitting, standing, or lying down – Your ideal position will depend on any injuries you may have on certain areas of your body and your comfort level when going to the bathroom
• If you cannot be on your feet when urinating, you may choose to sit in a chair when using the urinal, with your pelvis tilted slightly forward and your legs apart
• If you have pain in your knees or hips, you may choose to use the urinal while standing so you do not need to squat or put unnecessary weight on your knees or hips
• If you have lower back pain or injuries on your back, you may use the urinal on one side while lying down
• Once you find a urinating position that is comfortable for you, you can place the urinal between your legs, making sure the bottle is positioned right under your urethra.
• Tilt your pelvis forward slightly, aiming into the urinal
• Once you are done using the urinal, you will need to empty the urinal – Simply empty the urinal bottle into the toilet or a bedpan.
• Wash the urinal with warm water and soap, hanging it to dry so it ready for use