The Rossmax Portable Mesh Nebulizer is a handheld design, portable nebulizer that is built with state of the art MESH technology. The nebulizer uses electricity to vibrate a piezo that moves liquid formulations through a mini aperture plate to generate very fine aerosol medication for respiratory treatment. The battery operation, the portable design and the very quiet performance makes this mesh nebulizer very convenient and effective.
The Rossmax Portable Mesh Nebulizer has a nebulization Rate of ≥ 0.30 ml/min, MMAD of ≤4 μm and a Fine Particle Dose (FPD) of 70-75%. The nebulizer has consistent fine particle size for efficient respiratory treatment and a noise level lower than 20dB. It also has a MicroUSB port and is compatible with rechargeable batteries, along with having a BPA free medication bottle.
Asthma: Asthma becomes apparent by frequent, spasmodic gasping for air and wheezing. As with chronic bronchitis, the bronchi are inflamed and obstructed with phlegm while the cilia are conglutinated. The respiratory passages also respond to certain stimuli with muscular spasms, often caused by allergens such as pollen or house dust, but also stress and environmental pollution.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a type of obstructive lung disease characterized by long-term poor airflow. The main symptoms include shortness of breath and cough with sputum production. COPD is a progressive disease, meaning it typically worsens over time. Eventually everyday activities, such as walking up the stairs, becomes difficult. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are older terms used for different types of COPD.
Efficient Respiratory: Utilizing the new technologies to improve the management and treatment of asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions. With nebulizer systems, patients have the ability to effectively manage and treat their respiratory condition anywhere, anytime.
Size: 42mm x 70mm x 117mm.
The Rossmax Portable Mesh Nebulizer contains the following:
- Instruction Manual
- 2 AA batteries (Alkaline)
- Child Mask
- USB cable
- Carrying bag
- 5V USB adapter (optional)
The Rossmax Portable Mesh Nebulizer is intended for use in treatment of asthma, COPD and other respiratory ailments in which an aerosolized medication is required during therapy. This nebulizer will provide you with many years of reliable treatments. Treatments are delivered quickly, safely and conveniently making this unit ideal for all ages in homecare. This mesh nebulizer should be used under the supervision of a licensed physician and / or a respiratory therapist. Together with your physician and / or respiratory therapist, you can feel comfortable and confident knowing that you are obtaining the most effective inhalation treatments for your respiratory condition.
Installing the Batteries:
• Follow the direction of the arrow to open the battery cover and install or replace 2 “AA” sized batteries in the battery compartment according to the indications inside the compartment, then fold the battery cover to cover it
• Replace the batteries in pairs
• Remove batteries when unit is not in use for extended periods of time
• You need to replace the batteries when the Low battery indicator (green) flashes on LED or the ON/OFF button is pressed and nothing appears on LED
• Use only alkaline batteries or nickel-metal-hydride rechargeable batteries
• Always replace with new batteries together
• Use batteries of the same brand and same type
Using the USB cable with authorized AC Adapter (Optional):
• Connect the USB cable with AC adapter, then insert the USB cable into Micro USB port in the back of the unit
• Plug the AC adapter into the socket
• Please unload the batteries when operating with the AC mode for a longer period of time.
• Use only the authorized USB Adapter (5V) that complies with the relevant safety standards for medical devices including EN 60601-1: 2006+A1:2013 and related collateral standards as EN 60601-1-2: 2015
• The AC adapter cannot be used for charging batteries
• The USB cable can only be connected with Rossmax nebulizer and AC adapter – it cannot be used for any other purpose
Assembling your Nebulizer Kit:
• Follow the cleaning instructions prior to using your nebulizer for the first time or after it has been stored for an extended period of time
• Always unplug the nebulizer and turn off the power-switch before cleaning, assembling and before or after each use
• Remove the medication cup from the main unit by pressing release buttons on both sides – do not touch the Mesh
• Open the lid of the medication cup by lifting the clip
• Add the prescribed amount of medication to the medication cup – if high-viscosity medicine is used, nebulization rate may be reduced
• Put the lid of the medication cup back and press the clip in place
• Place the medication cup onto the main unit until you hear it click into place on the left and right sides
• Make sure that the connectors between main unit and medication cup are clean and the two parts are properly attached
• Before placing the medication cup with main unit, ensure that the batteries or the Adapter are inserted
Operating your Nebulizer:
• The nebulizer is operable at up to a 45° angle – if the angle is greater than 45°, no aerosol will be generated
• Attach the mask or mouthpiece to the top of the nebulizer
• The recommended filling amount is between 2~6 ml in medication cup
• Power on the On/Off button to start the nebulization
• When device is ready, the LED stays on green
• Once the medicine has been fully sprayed out, the device switches off automatically.
• For technical reasons, it will take longer to power off the device, and/or a small amount may still remain in the medication cup.
• Do not block the air port on the top of medication cup when nebulization
• To ensure that the device functions completely, make sure that the medicines come into contact with the mesh while in use
• If the therapy requires various different medicines be inhaled one after another, ensure the nebulizer is cleaned after every nebulization
• Essential oils, cough medicines, solutions designed for gargling, and drops for application to the skin or for use in steam baths are wholly unsuitable for inhalation using a nebulizer – these substances are often highly viscous and can impair the function of the device and hence affect the effectiveness of its application
• Do not attempt to operate the nebulizer if the medication cup is empty
• To prevent damage to the mesh, the nebulizer will power off automatically after operating for 10 minutes
After every use:
• Power off the device, unplug the device from the power source
• Carefully detach the accessories and medication cup from the nebulizer and pour out any remaining liquid
• Follow the cleaning procedures provided in this guidebook
• After each treatment, before storing, please discard the residue medicine, then fill with 1 – 2 ml of cold boiled water and nebulize it till the cup is entire empty for completely cleaning the Mesh
• Make sure to “Power OFF” the nebulizer, then disconnect the power source
• Detach the mouthpiece or mask from the nebulizer and pour out any remaining liquid by placing the medication cup horizontally and tilt it a bit to pour off any residue liquid.
• Remove the medication cup from the main unit by pressing the release buttons on both sides.
• Except for the main unit, rinse all the disassembled components and accessories with the clean tap water lower than 40°C
• Dry with clean towels or completely air dry – do not touch the mesh with any towel or other material
• Ensure the electrodes on medication cup fully dry and the medication cup is completely cleaned as based on the above cleaning process
• Make sure well following the above cleaning process; or the lifetime of the medication cup and main unit will be shortened
• For the first time cleaning or after the unit has been stored for a long period of time, thoroughly clean all components before using
• The mesh must not be rinsed under running water
• Do not clean the nebulizer or accessories in a dish-washer
• The nebulizer must be operated only when it is completely dry
• Ensure that no water penetrates inside the main unit – any liquid that penetrates into the main unit can damage the electrical parts or other nebulizer components and impair the function of the device.
• To clean the Main Unit, wipe the main unit daily using a damp lint free cloth and use a dry lint free cloth to wipe the main unit dry – never clean with benzene or thinner as any other form of cleaning or cleaning agents may damage the finish of the unit