The Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer has been carefully developed for measuring human body temperature from the ear canal. The thermometer has an easy to replace probe cover that can be changed before each measurement without touching the probe cover film to avoid cross-contamination. The multiple-use plug and secure probe covers are very durable, are ideal for multiple use and offer an easy and accurate ear temperature measurement. Users can easily ensure the probe cover is attached and the appliance is ready to use. The well-designed heat insulation probe can ensure accurate, consistent reading and short interval between each measurement.
The thermometer has a continuous ear scanning mode that views the entire ear canal and looks for the highest temperature that can be detected. This mode is simple to use – simply press and hold the start button for 3 seconds, gently rotate the probe inside the ear canal in a circular manner and the most accurate reading will appear. This Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer has also been clinically tested in several big teaching hospitals, covering sufficient febrile and normal body temperature subjects with satisfied clinical repeatability and measuring accuracy comparing to the concurrent oral temperature measurement reading.
The Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer has a fever alarm that beeps to warn the user for potential fever when temperature is over 37.5˚C (99.5˚F). It has 9 memories, is °C / °F switchable and has automatic shutdown after 60 seconds to extend battery life. The thermometer clearly indicates when the battery is low and has a backlight.
The Rossmax Infrared Ear Thermometer is intended for measuring human body temperature from the ear canal.
• To achieve accurate readings, make sure a new, clean probe cover is in place before each measurement and the ear canal is clean
• Install the probe cover by clockwise rotating, then fix it
• Remove the probe cover by anti-clockwise rotating then releasing it
• Press the “On/Off/Memory” button. The thermometer is ready for use after the ear icon is flashing, two beeps are sounded, and three dash segments appear
• As the ear canal is slightly curved, gently pull the ear back to straighten the ear canal before inserting the probe – this is important as the tip of the probe cover can then be pointed directly at the eardrum
Measuring the ear temperature:
• With 1” measurement – Using the index finger to trigger, press the ‘Start’ button. A long beep will be sounded when measurement is done
• With 3” scanning mode – Using the index finger to trigger, press and hold the ‘Start’ button for 3 seconds to take the measurement. Gently rotate the probe around the entire ear canal in order to find the highest temperature
• Release the ‘Start’ button when you hear a long beep sound, and the measurement is completed
• Ensure that there is no probe cover stains or breakages before each measurement – if there is you need to replace the prob cover with a new one