This Urine Sample Bottle is a 30ml bottle that is used to collect urine. It has a label on it for necessary writing, and a screw-top lid. This Urine Sample Bottle is useful, as your GP may require a urine sample to diagnose or rule out any health conditions, and this can be done in advance of your GP visit with this bottle.
Size: 30ml, 50 Pack.
The Urine Sample Bottle is used to collect a sample of urine. Your GP may ask for a urine sample to help them diagnose or rule out health conditions. If the urine contains anything unusual, this may indicate an underlying health problem Other conditions that may be diagnosed using a urine sample are Urinary Tract Infections (UTI), Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and pregnancy.
A Sample Bottle may also be used to collect urine that may be used to decide the best antibiotic to use when you are ill as some bacteria and germs are resistant to antibiotics. If the test shows that bacteria are in the urine, then the bacteria are tested against various antibiotics. This finds which antibiotics will kill the bacteria in the urine.
• This Urine Sample Bottle can be used to collect a urine sample at any time of the day, unless your GP or nurse advises you otherwise.
To collect a clean urine sample:
• Label the container with your name, date of birth and the date
• Wash your hands
• Collect a sample of urine “mid-stream in the Sample Bottle. A mid-stream urine sample means that you don’t collect the first or last part of urine that comes out – this reduces the risk of the sample being contaminated with bacteria.
• Screw the lid of the Urine Sample Bottle shut
• Wash your hands thoroughly
• If your doctor gives you any other instructions, follow these
• If you can’t hand your urine sample in within an hour, you should keep it in the fridge at around 4⁰C (39F) for no longer than 24 hours. Put the container of urine in a sealed plastic bag first
• The bacteria in the urine sample can multiply if it isn’t kept in a fridge and could affect the test results.