The Rossmax NE100 Piston Nebulizer is a powerful Piston compressor with consistent fine particle size for efficient respiratory treatment. The nebulizer is intended for use in treatment of asthma, COPD and other respiratory ailments in which an aerosolized medication is required during therapy. It has an economic design, a 2-in-1 cup for easy cleaning, assembly and disassembly and also has a 3 year warranty. The MMAD is ≤2.6 μm, the Fine Particle Dose (FPD)is 80-85% and the Nebulization Rate is ≥ 0.30 ml/min.
Asthma: Asthma becomes apparent by frequent, spasmodic gasping for air and wheezing. As with chronic bronchitis, the bronchi are inflamed and obstructed with phlegm while the cilia are conglutinated. The respiratory passages also respond to certain stimuli with muscular spasms, often caused by allergens such as pollen or house dust, but also stress and environmental pollution.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a type of obstructive lung disease characterized by long-term poor airflow. The main symptoms include shortness of breath and cough with sputum production. COPD is a progressive disease, meaning it typically worsens over time. Eventually everyday activities, such as walking up stairs, become difficult. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are older terms used for different types of COPD.
Efficient Respiratory: Utilizing the new technologies to improve the management and treatment of asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions. With nebulizer systems, patients have the ability to effectively manage and treat their respiratory condition anywhere, anytime.
The Rossmax NE100 Piston Nebulizer comes with the following accessories:
- Air tube
- Air filters
- Instruction Manual
- Masks for adult and child
- Nebulizer kit, mouthpiece
The Rossmax Piston Nebulizer is intended for use in treatment of asthma, COPD and other respiratory ailments in which an aerosolized medication is required during therapy. Treatments are delivered quickly, safely and conveniently making this unit ideal for all ages in health care structures like hospitals and home care.
• Please read the instruction manual before use.
Assembling your nebulizer kit:
• Follow the cleaning instructions prior to using your nebulizer for the first time or after it has been stored for an extended period of time
• Always unplug the compressor and make sure the power switch is turned to the “OFF” position before cleaning, assembling and before or after each use
• Place the compressor on a flat, stable surface within reach
• Gently twist and pull straight up on the lid of the nebulizer kit to separate into two parts (medication cup and cover)
• The stem inside the medication cup inserts into the tube of the nozzle
• Add the prescribed amount of medication to the medication cup
• Reassemble the nebulizer kit by carefully twisting the medication cup and cover together, making sure that the two parts fit securely
Operating your nebulizer:
• The nebulizer kit is operable at up to a 45° angle – if the angle is greater than 45°, no aerosol will be generated
• Attach one end of the air tube connector to the air output
• Carefully attach the opposite end of the air tubing connector to the stem at the base of the nebulizer kit
• Attach the angled mouthpiece or mask to the top of the nebulizer kit
• The capacity of the medication cup is 2~5 ml.
• NOTE: A 30-minute interval is recommended after each use.
• The compressor will automatically shut off if it becomes overheated. If / when this happens, immediately press the power-switch to the “OFF” position, unplug the power cord from the outlet and allow the motor to cool for 30 minutes. Before restarting the unit, make sure that the air vents are not obstructed
After every use:
• Unplug the unit from the power source
• Allow the unit to completely cool
• Carefully detach the air tubing from the nebulizer and pour out any remaining medication
• Follow the cleaning procedures provided
Rinsing technique (performed after each treatment or before first use)
• Make sure that the power-switch has been turned to the “OFF” position and the unit has been disconnected from the power source
• Disconnect the air tube from the nebulizer device
• Gently twist and pull up the cover of the nebulizer kit to open and separate
• Rinse the nebulizer kit and components with hot tap water
• Dry with clean towels or completely air dry
• Reassemble the nebulizer kit
• Note: When cleaning for the first time or if the unit has been stored for an extended period of time, thoroughly clean all components, except the air tube. The nebulizer kit is dishwasher safe.
Cleaning the compressor:
• Wipe the compressor daily using a soft cloth – any other form of cleaning or cleaning agents may damage the finish of the unit
Changing the air filter:
• It is important to change the air filter when the air filter turns grey – It is recommended to change air filter every 2 months.
• Remove the air filter cover by gently pulling forward
• Discard the grey filter
• Replace with a new, clean air filter
• Securely re-attach the air filter cover to the unit.
• Note: Air filters cannot be cleaned or washed. Only NE100 air filters can be used. Do not substitute alternate material such as cotton. Do not operate without an air filter
If any abnormality occurs during use, please check and correct the following:
1.Unit does not operate when power switch is pressed:
• Check the AC connection to the outlet
2.No misting or low rate of misting:
• Check that there is medication in the nebulizer cup.
• Check the main unit if there is any physical damage.
• Check the position of the nozzle inside the nebulizer.
• Make sure that air tube and other components are properly attached.
• Check the air filter and replace if necessary