Mefix is a self-adhesive fabric for secure fixation of dressings, tubes and cannulas. Breathable but water-resistant, Mefix provides protection from outside contamination. It is both gentle on the skin and skin friendly, and its conformability makes it comfortable to wear.
• 2.5cm x 10cm
• 5cm x 10cm
• 10cm x 10cm
Mefix can be used to fixate dressings, swabs, catheters, tubes and in a wide variety of other situations where fixation is required.
• Cut the Mefix to an appropriate size
• Separate the two parts of the protection paper by lightly stretching and bending the Mefix
• Remove the narrow part
• Apply the part with the exposed adhesive to the skin
• Remove the remaining protection paper
• Firmly smooth the Mefix to obtain proper adhesion
• Do not stretch Mefix when applying
• Please be careful not to apply Mefix under tension – as this may cause shearing forces, which can damage the skin. This is particularly important over joints.