The Geratherm Early Detect Pregnancy Test is an early, lateral flow immunoassay in midstream format for the qualitative detection of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in urine to aid in the detection of pregnancy. It can be used up to four days before the day your period is due, calculated 15 days after ovulation. The test utilizes a combination of antibodies including a monoclonal hCG antibody to selectively detect elevated levels of hCG. The assay is conducted by urinating on the absorbent tip or immersing the absorbent tip in urine for approximately 10 seconds and obtaining the result from the coloured lines after approximately 3 minutes.
The Geratherm Early Detect Pregnancy Test is a rapid test for home use and is secure as it is more than 99% accurate. It can be used at any time of the day and has an extra-large test zone and a hygienic holder, as well as an easy-to-read test result. This test detects hCG in urine at a concentration of 10 IU/L.
The Geratherm Early Pregnancy Test is used to detect human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in urine to aid in the detection of pregnancy.
How to use:
• Remove the midstream test from the foil pouch and familiarize yourself with the product
• Remove the cap and place it over the thumb grip
• Hold the test by the capped thumb grip with the exposed absorbent tip pointing downward directly into your urine stream for at least 10 seconds until it is thoroughly wet
• NOTE: Do not urinate on the test and control windows. If you prefer, you can urinate into a clean and dry container, then dip only the absorbent tip of the test into the urine for at least 10 seconds
• After removing the test from your urine, immediately replace the cap over the absorbent tip, lay the test on a flat surface with the test and control windows facing upwards, and then begin timing
• As the test begins to work, you may notice a light coloured flow moving across the test and control windows
• Read the result at 3 minutes
• If no coloured line appears, wait one minute longer
• Some positive results may be observed in 1 minute or less depending on the concentration of hCG
• Do not read the result after 10 minutes
Reading the results:
• Pregnant – Two distinct coloured lines appear. One line should be in the Control Window (C) and another line should be in the Test Window (T). One line may be lighter than the other; they do not have to match. This means you are probably pregnant
• Not Pregnant – One coloured line appears in the Control Window (C). No line appears in the Test Window (T). This means that you are probably not pregnant.
• Invalid – The result is invalid if no coloured line appears in the Control Window (C), even if a line appears in the Test Window (T). You should repeat the test with a new midstream test.