These Foam Swabsticks are ideal for use in oral care, wound cleaning, general patient cleansing and the cleaning of delicate areas. The foam-tipped swabsticks have a plastic shaft and a non-water-based adhesive, and are green in colour. The swabsticks are 11cm long, of which 2.5cm is foam swab, and are non-sterile.
The swabsticks are available in the following:
- • Single swabstick
- • 250 Pack
The Foam Swabsticks can be used for oral cleansing and general cleaning of closed wounds. They are ideal for use in oral care, wound cleaning, general patient cleansing and the cleaning of delicate areas.
- • Instead of applying cleaning solution, solvents, lubricants, etc directly to the affected area, it may be a good idea to apply them with a Foam Swabstick. By applying it to the swabstick, you may have more control over the amount of solution used, and this can reduce the risk of you oversaturating the area.
- • When cleaning, use gentle strokes and avoid applying too much pressure, let the foam tip do the work. This will help prevent damage to the surface and ensure that the foam swab is effective in removing contaminants
- • Don’t use the same swab in multiple areas as this can lead to cross-contamination
- • Use fresh cleaning solution and lubricants
- • Follow any guidelines and rules given to you prior to use
- • Dispose of the Foam Swabstick correctly after use