The Silicone Sheet for Scar Treatment is a self-adhesive silicone gel sheet that is used for scar treatment, and the prevention of keloid and hypertrophic scars. It improves red, dark or raised scars by keeping moisture into the affected area. It is a waterproof adhesive that is designed to be washable and reusable and can also be cut to size.
The silicone gel sheet covers the scar and limits the relative movement of the skin. The occlusive action of the silicone partially blocks loss of humidity, keeping the skin hydrated and aiding tissue recovery.
Size: 5 x 20cm, 1 sheet.
The Silicone Sheet for Scar Treatment is used for scar treatment and the prevention of keloid and hypertrophic scars. It can help to improve scar tissue recovery and can be used on both old and new scars.
• Start treatment once the wound has completely closed, or 3 days after stitches have been trimmed or removed
• Do not apply on weeping wounds, and clean the affected zone before use
• Remove both plastic films (white film and transparent film) – the transparent plastic film can be used to store the gel sheet
• The scar should be completely covered- leave no less than 7mm of margin between the scar and the edge of the silicone gel sheet. If needed, fix the sheet in place by using a wrap or tape
• In order to let the skin acclimate with the gel sheet, start treatment with a 2 hours per day application for 4 days, then increase to four hours per day for the next 2 days
• After that, increase the application time by 2 hours every day until reaching the optimum treatment which is 24 hours per day
• If during the acclimatization period some adverse reaction is observed (persistent and irritating redness), consult the doctor
• After each use, in order to extend the life of each gel sheet, wash it with warm water and soft soap and let it dry naturally, avoiding direct contact with the sun
• Use the protection transparent plastic film for storage
• The duration of the treatment should be controlled by a physician, but a minimum treatment of one month is recommended
• Proper cleaning and storage of the silicone gel sheet will increase its life – the durability of each should last a minimum of 5 days, but this could be extended up to 2 – 4 weeks