Coverplast Barrier Plasters provide protection to patients by reducing the risk of infection, and to nursing staff by establishing an effective bacterial and viral barrier. The plasters are made from a thin, elastic polyurethane film making them conformable as well as waterproof and impermeable to oil and fat. The absorbent, low adherent wound pad and breathable film reduce the risk of maceration.
The plasters have a skin-friendly, acrylic adhesive that provides secure adhesion ensuing the dressings stay in place, while the film provides a viral and bacterial barrier helping to prevent wound infection.
The assorted box of Coverplast Barrier Plasters comes in a pack of 120 and includes following sizes:
- 6 x 5cm x 7.2cm
- 18 x3.8cm x 3.8cm
- 18 x 3.8cm x 6.3cm
- 12 x 4.4cm x 5cm
- 18 x 2.2cm x 7.2cm
- 24 x 2.2cm x 6.3cm
- 24 x 2.2cm x 3.8cm
Coverplast Barrier Plasters can be used to provide protection to patients by reducing the risk of infection by establishing an effective bacterial and viral barrier.
• Clean the wound and the surrounding area
• Dry the skin thoroughly
• Remove the protective film
• Hold the plaster in one hand and peel off the upper protective film with the thumb, and the index finger of the other hand
• Place the wound pad centrally on the wound and apply
• Remove the second protective film, making sure that you only touch the plaster on the protective film and the backside, never the wound pad itself
• Remove the remaining protective film – smooth out and press the dressing so that it adheres evenly, applying only slight pressure and avoid tension
• To increase the adhesive strength, you can warm the dressing between the palms of your hands before applying it
• Monitor the wound and reapply the dressing if necessary