The BV Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing is a non-woven dressing made of a non-adherent material which prevents the dressing from sticking to the wound, avoiding tissue damage during dressing changes. The dressings are used for the treatment of minor injuries (including cuts and abrasions), post-surgical wounds and small partial thickness burns. They are not suitable for the treatment of heavily exuding wounds. The dressing has one face with a non-adherent net, an absorbent fleece and is water repellent.
There are 150 individually wrapped BV Sterile Non-Adherent Dressings per box.
Size: 10cm x 10cm.
The BV Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing can be used for the treatment of minor injuries (including cuts and abrasions), post-surgical wounds and small partial thickness burns.
• Before applying the dressing, cleanse the wound in accordance with local clinical protocols.
• Select an appropriate dressing size
• Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
• Remove the BV Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing from the packet
• Apply the shiny (laminate) side to the wound ensuring good contact
• Secure with a dressing retention sheet, tape or bandage